Know Food Now Fattoush Salad in Dubai | Know Food Now

Monday, January 8, 2018

Fattoush Salad in Dubai

My friend Sherry and I, after a morning at the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding, went to the Arabian Tea House on Al Fahidi Street in old Dubai. We passed up the Bastakiya Restaurant which is right next door so we would not be tempted by camel burgers.

I ordered my favorite Fattoush salad which I usually consume at Insalalta's in San Anselmo, CA.  Of course every restaurant makes this salad their own, but I loved the tomato rose, pomegranate seeds, and many lovely chips that came with my salad at the Arabian Tea House.

Because you can pay for everything with a credit card in Dubai, I paid $10.89 for this salad and a drink, just a little less than I might have paid at home.  

But the experience was priceless!  We were seated with ladies that lunched in black abayas and veils and men, at separate tables, wearing Emirati keffiyeh. Our table was white and the chairs were turquoise blue.  We sat in an indoor courtyard under a tree.  It was a delightful experience and I would return for their healthy food any time someone wants to use Mastercard to buy my plane ticket!

No comments :

Popular Posts

-contents id='footer-2-2'/>